Sunday, September 13, 2009

Boobs, I finally got them

I had been waiting for this day since January! Went on my consult July 8th, Pre-op was Aug 14th, Surgery was scheduled orignally for sept 4th but while I was on vacation in LA, the plastic surgeons office called and had re-scheduled for the following friday.9/11.. I know..
It was my 44th birthday gift to myself, which was sept 10th.
some present :)

I had gotten up at 4:45 brushed my teeth and left. My mother came with me of course she had to drive me home.
I was early to the hospital, no traffic at all. They finally opened at 6am, I was due to be there by 6:15
I was checked in, then I signed my life away. Nurses asked the usual questions, whens your birthday? yesterday I said, NICE GIFT to your self.. but of course..

I was NOT one bit nervous about all this, having done research for a solid 9 months straight, I knew exaclty what I was getting into.

My surgery was scheduled for 7:30 am. They took me back to the pre-op room, where the dr came in and drew on on me..then I got the IV in, and was walked back into the O.R. I looked at the ceiling which the lights looked like something from an alien movie. Before I knew it, I was awake in the recovery room.

I wanted to see them! but was in a surgical bra.. which I had to wear for 24 hrs.
I did not have much pain afterwards. probably a 4 level. I had 2 stages of recovery.

I was given more percoset if I hurt then they increased the medicine in the IV
Everyone at the hospital was so nice!

My doctor came in afterwards and said surgery went well, and I will heal nicely and look amazing
but.. he also found out I had Poland Syndrome.. ok never heard of this until that day.
He said I had no chest muscle on my right side..its a birth defect .. ummm okay...
They did not know that at my consult.

So what size did I go? 350cc's which on my tiny frame will be a full C - baby D cup..

I can not wait to wear my clothes and buy new bra's...

but now back on my search for the perfect replacement luggage while I am home all week.


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations janice cannot wait to see your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too! so glad everything went well!

    ReplyDelete