Tuesday, April 28, 2009

snagging good airfare- east to west


So every July, my friends and I head out to sunny southern California. Hollywood, LA, la-la land...
I have spent alot on airfare over the years, ranging in prices from 150 r/t, yes not a typo, 150.00 all the way up to 500.00. Knowing I go in July, I start stalking airfare early in December, just to get an idea of what I will be spending. I check Continental, USAIRways and Southwest. DAILY. Since I am going to Nashville in 2 days, I had orginally planned on purchasing my LAX fare around May 15th, pay day. So I kinda put the search on hold. Until yesterday. I logged on Continental first. 278.00 WOW!!! I knew I had to jump on that. I had no money..I dont get paid till friday.. I need money for BNA (Thats airport code for Nashville). I even so much as asked my poor dear mother..she didnt have it.. I transferred from my savings which I really didn't want to touch. But it was worth it. It took a little more time than I wanted to, to go thru. But lo & behold, it was still there. which is why I am up at this ungodly hour.

Now heres the kicker, for Continental it has 2 drop downs for LAX- one for LAX and one for LAX ALL AIRPORTS. I AM NOT SURE what that even means, so I try it, thats where I got 278.00 instead of 350.00

And at work yesterday, when I logged on , it was showing 350 again, when it showed 278 at home... so I cleared my cookies, and it went back to 278. So what I am saying is clear the cookies out. You may come up with a new lower fare.


I also only fly non stop. Layover is not in vocabulary. And one more reason I love Continental, they still serve FREE HOT FOOD on your flight, Corona beer, and Heineken. Which makes me one happy flyer.










No comments:

Post a Comment